Vanessa Sciarra, Vice President for Legal Affairs and Trade and Investment Policy at the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC), will speak at the International Fastener Expo 2018.
Sciarra will hold a seminar aiming to clarify and understand the US administration’s trade policy, including the tariffs being implemented under Sections 232 and 301. The seminar will be held Tuesday, October 30, 2018 from 3:30-4:30 pm in the Mandalay Bay Convention Centre, Las Vegas.
In July, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) implemented an immediate 10% tariff on $34 billion worth of imported Chinese goods, focusing on “industrially significant technologies”. A few weeks later, a further $200 billion worth of imported goods were hit by the tariffs, in a bid to correct what President Trump called, “unfair trade”.
The new tariffs have generated a lot of questions amongst importers, distributors and manufacturers. Attendees will learn about the latest developments on how current trade policy may affect their businesses and strategies for managing the new trade restrictions. Sciarra will offer a clear understanding of the new policies and provide US importers, manufacturers and distributors with an insight of what to expect in 2019.
The topics covered in the seminar include:
- Section 301 tariffs on Chinese imports
- Section 232 tariffs on steel and aluminium imports
- Strategies for minimising supply chain disruptions and managing the impact of new trade restrictions
- Quotas: what are quotas, how do they work, and how do they relate to exemptions
- Exclusions: what is the process to obtain an exclusion
- Exemptions: are any countries excluded from 232 tariffs
- WTO Challenges over 232 tariffs
- And exclusive updates on the new NAFTA Agreement (USMCA)
With over 850 suppliers and more than 5,000 attendees from 30 nations, the International Fastener Expo delivers industry‐leading content and facilitates industry connections at its annual three‐day show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This year, the show runs 30 October – 1 November. You can register for the International Fastener Expo here.