Eurotec has released details of a new wood construction screw, the SawTec.
Featuring a special screw tip and saw teeth underneath the plate head, the screw has a double-stage cylinder head.
Special geometry of the screw tip ensures a reduction in the screwing torque and also leads to a smaller gap effect when screwing.
SawTec is zinc plated and features hardened carbon steel.
Eurotec listed out the features as follows:
- Faster and easier screwing through DAG tip
- DAG tip reduces the screwing torque
- Less splitting effect
- European Technical Approval
- Saw teeth under the head reduce chip formation
- No hitting the screws when screwing in by TX drive
There are more details on the Eurotec site.