STANLEY Engineered Fastening has launch a brand new range of POP Avdel Proset XT hydro-pneumatic riveting tools.
Built to cover a wide range of industries and suitable for small bench assembly through to heavy duty engineering, the new POP Avdel Proset XT range can be used in virtually any workstation configuration. The left or right 90° hand mounted swivel air fitting allows for maximum versatility by providing additional flexibility, conserving energy and reducing operating costs.
STANLEY said the innovative, ergonomic design of the ProSet XT Range ensures maximum user comfort and efficiency. The quick vacuum filter access of the MCS means undesirable air exhaust can be directed away from the operator. The Mandrel Collection System (MCS), spent mandrels are instantly collected and with the quick-disconnect system, disposal takes no time keeping work areas safe and clean with minimal downtime.
The range is optimised for high volume efficiency and requires no tools for routine maintenance and cleaning. Both front and rear end components can be serviced in minutes without removing the tool from the production line. The patented quick-disconnect nose housing and jaw ensure rapid cleaning and maintenance of the front end without the need for any tools.
“The Proset XT range replaces the existing Avdel Genesis and POP ProSet tools,” explained Servee Paes, Product Manager for POP Avdel power tools. “With new design and improved usability combining the best features from previous tools, the ProSet XT tools are lighter, faster and more powerful than the tools they replace.”
- The compact, lightweight and reliable ProSet XT1 is amongst the highest force to weight ratio blind riveting tool in the industry, according to STANLEY. The ProSet XT1 will set 2.0mm micro rivets, 2.4mm (3/32″) and 3.2mm (1/8″) diameter rivets in all materials, and up to 4.0mm (5/32″) all-steel open-end rivets.
- The ProSet XT2 is designed specifically to set a wide range of breakstem rivets, this tool delivers 8.9 kN of pull force with an outstanding force-to weight ratio of 7.18kN/kg. The ProSet XT2 will set 3.0 & 3.2mm (1/8″), 4.0mm (5/32″), 4.8mm (3/16″) and 5.0mm diameter rivets in all materials including high-strength structural stainless steel rivets. The ProSet XT2 will also place up to 7.0mm sealing plugs with an additional nose assembly.
- The ProSet XT3 can be used in a variety of applications, setting a large range of breakstem rivets, lockbolts and sealing plug sizes. The extremely large stroke of 26 mm allows the placement of longer rivets like Monobolt and Interlock in one set. The ProSet XT3 will set 4.0mm (5/32″) to 6.4mm (1/4”) diameter rivets in all materials. It will also set 4.8 (3/16″) diameter lockbolts and up to 9.0mm diameter sealing plugs with additional nose assembly.
- The ProSet XT4 is the strongest tool of the ProSet family. With 23 kN the XT4 delivers the highest pull force in the range but weighs in at just about 2 kg. As well as structural breakstem rivets, the high capacity of the XT4 also allows installation of Avdelok, Maxlok and Avtainer lockbolts. The tool features an ultra-high tensile piston rod for maximum tool life and a hydraulic damping for smooth operation. The ProSet XT4 will set 4.0mm (5/32″) to 6.4mm (1/4”) diameter rivets in all materials. It will also set 4.8 (3/16″) to 6.4mm (1/4”) diameter lockbolts and 6.0 to 12.0mm diameter sealing plugs with additional nose assembly.
All four tools in the range offer a range of useful features including:
- High force-to-weight ratio
- Quick disconnect nose housing and jaw case for easy maintenance and service
- Clear quick release mandrel collector bottle reduces downtime
- Integral exhaust valves for fast setting cycles
- Class-leading lightweight construction with balanced handling
- Comfortable, low activation force trigger
- Adjustable vacuum exhaust direction
Economy & Safety
- Air isolation switch during MCS removal
- On/Off, left or right swivel air fitting minimises air consumption and noise and conserves energy
- Rubber base designed to avoid damage
- Latest technology lip seals maximise re-priming intervals
- Piston bearing rings ensure maximum robustness and tool life