Fastenal Europe invites ambitious, hardworking individuals to apply for the position of Quality & Engineering Manager. Applicants should be able to bring fresh ideas to the business, work both independently and on a team, and represent the organization positively with customers and suppliers.
Fastenal Europe is a rapidly expanding full-line industrial supply distributor that specializes in fasteners and fixings. The Regional Quality & Engineering Manager is responsible for all related activities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Scandinavia, and South Africa. This individual must exhibit the highest level of integrity in all situations.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of a single UKAS accredited testing laboratory.
- Providing engineering support to a variety of customers
- Working with suppliers to ensure the receipt of high quality products produced to Fastenal Europe requirements
- Providing technical support to the sales team
- Leading cost savings initiatives that involve disassembling products and finding better fixing methods
- Conducting fastener related trainings to customers and employees
- Maintaining ISO 9001 certification at various locations throughout the region
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Material Engineering
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritizing abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and abroad on occasion
- Possess a valid driving license
- Ability to lift, on occasion, up to 20 kg
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
The following skills and qualifications are not required but are beneficial to the position. Applicants without these qualifications can be trained on the job:
- Previous experience working with fasteners
- Previous experience with ISO 9001 or other relevant quality standards
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting